Thursday, August 5, 2010

Who let me become a grown up?!

It's been awhile since I've flexed my blogging muscles, so bear with me. I'm a little rusty. In the previous post, I mentioned things are crazy right now. I am sufficiently overwhelmed and frustrated, and I haven't seen my friend, Positivity, in a few days. Growing up is hard. I understand why Prozac is so popular in adult social circles. Him and Whiskey seem to be besties. I've estimated that I have been an "adult" for about three weeks now, and here is what I've learned.

Adults overshare WAY too much. I'm putting females on blast for a moment here. I do not, under any circumstance, care to see your childbirth scars or hear about that experience. Furthermore, I do not care to hear about it when I'm getting a manicure. I came about one dry heave away from enlightening the pretty Asian lady of what I had for breakfast (coffee and yogurt). Guys don't talk about stuff like that! Granted they enjoy scratching in public, but I can ignore that.

No one pays attention when I whine. I'm a whiner. Always have been. My mother whines. My sisters whine. My dad rolls his eyes....and then gives us what we want. Do not say I'm spoiled because I don't particularly love how that word equates me with expired dairy, but I will allow you to say that I'm...loved. When did it become so wrong to have standards and expectations?! Apparently it's not wrong, but no one gives two hoots. I may have to revert back to my foot-stamping days. Which only ended about a month ago...

Single=unhappy,loner,scapegoat I love being single for the record. I will continue to be single until my daddy cuts me off. I will not accept the pity glances. Why yes, I would LOVE to come to your dinner party even though I am the only single girl on the list. Why? Because Jesus is my main squeeze. My Man threw the best dinner party in the history of dinner parties with nothing but one fish, one loaf, and a sip of wine. Boom! And you thought your boo was so special. Pshhhh.

Responsibility WHEN DID THIS BECOME A PART OF THE DEAL?! I would've enjoyed some fair warning on this one folks. All of you failed in preparing me for that little golden nugget of crap.

Hmmm, so that's what I've learned. Apparently I'm not as smart as I once gave myself credit for. Also, being an adult is hard. I'm not very good at it yet.

On a good, happy note. I had what I would describe as my first brush with fame yesterday. Without any introductions, a very kind and lovely woman noticed that I was 'The Blogger'. BIG holla to my new friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment