Monday, May 3, 2010

You're so vain. I bet you think this blog is about you.

I'm still waiting to meet interesting person numero dos...or have I met them? Hmmm... So that blog will be soon.

I realize that a lot of the time I sit and ponder a truly profound blog topic. Then, I slap myself and realize what an oxymoron that statement was. It's a blog. Further than that, it's MY blog. I don't have a profound bone in my body. I just get lucky sometimes. So, I'm just going to write about what I know, and the topic right now - Facebook pictures.

Have you ever really sat and thought about the different types of Facebook pictures? Or what they say about that specific person? Well, I've noticed that a) I scrounge every picture I have or have been tagged in to find something "Facebook worthy" and then b) I edit it. Take my current picture. I'm not going to lie; I'm lookin' fierce. Do I look like this every day? Psht. Hell to the no. But if it's on Facebook, it's official. I'm a stone-cold fox.

I'm really glad Facebook decided to stop posting in your News Feed when so-and-so changed their profile picture. Know why they did that? Because of that one girl who desperately needs a new picture every...freaking...day. I refer back to my first point. I go through pains and several editing processes to get one decent enough to represent my page. You have 165 picture of just you. I'm not going to say what that says about you. Ok, yes I will. Attention whore. There I said it, and I'm not the only one thinking it.

Oh, but I can't exclude the guys! I truly love the 80 pictures of you flexing in the mirror while you practice your blue-steel face. I truly go weak in the knees....from nausea. You toolbag. No matter. You're socially awkward and talk entirely too much about blood and dirtbike wrecks. Mmmm classy.

I can't hate on the couple pictures. I like those. Except when I see your tongues in that ever so important kissy picture. I'll leave it at that.

Please. For the love of all that is holy and good in the world, cease and dissist with the "why yes I was indeed spontaneously caught in this moment where I just so happen to look fabulous". You took it yourself. I see the tell-all wrinkles in the shoulder of your shirt. Busted.

Oh Facebook. Why do you do this to me? I used to be a perfectly non-judgemental person. Hahahahahaha...ok that was a lie.

BIG love.

3 comments:

  1. You make me smile! I'm ready for interesting person I've known for a while. "Small town SArah is new lead singer for Hillsong" post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)) this my friend, is great. and soooooo true :) haha!!!

    ps- i absolutely love love looooooooooooooove your paisley background! its almost as amazing as you;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahahah....agreed! Couldn't be worded more perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete