Friday, April 30, 2010

Interesting Person #1


Though I claimed my first post would be a substitute for interesting person of the week number 1...here's the real one. This week I had the opportunity...oh gosh, I'm getting excited about it all over again...to meet...wait for it...BLAKE MYCOSKIE.

Pause for you to scream, do a toe-touch, couple of cartwheels, Tarzan yell, and dedicate a well-earned hip thrust to me. OK, now calm yourself and bring it back.

That's right. Blake Mycoskie, founder and Chief Shoe Giver at TOMS shoes, came to speak at Tech. Of course I went. Alone, but I went. I'm not going to say he's my hero, but sometimes I imagine him wearing a red cape and leaping over tall buildings. So maybe I do see him as way more BA than Superman. Seriously, the man has started a company from the ground up with no investors and given more than half a million shoes to children in need. If he wants rub mud in my carpet, he can.


Seriously though, I aspire to change the world the way Blake has. He had an idea and he didn't wait for someone else to act it out. He's an example of what God is calling our generation to do.

So there ya go, interesting person #1. A great way to start this series if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment