Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Interesting person #3

What it do, baby boo?

So it's time for Interesting Person #3. Before I introduce you to this person, I'd like to pat myself on the back for what a stroke of genius this series was. People are practically knocking down my door to become an entry. It's OK, I am completely aware of my exceptionally amazing writing skills and how it might possibly boost you to stardom. I am accepting monetary bribes, by the way. I have never once claimed that my moral compass points due North.

Anyhoo, interesting person time. My interesting person for this entry is a man. An old man. His name is Eddie. I met this cute little oldie when my friend, Jade, and I were studying for a leadership exam in Barnes & Noble. Which by the way, should be an oxymoron. Who the heck needs to study for leadership?! And how on Earth am I expected to concentrate surrounded by all of those magnificent books? Sorry, back on track. Jade and I were discussing social behaviors (this means gossiping)and what-not when I took notice of the man at the table next to us. He was alone, drinking a cup of coffee. My first instinct was he was simply waiting for his wife. An hour goes by. Wow, his wife is a shoppin' fool. Another hour. Maybe she forgot him. Another hour. Eddie has finished his coffee, but is still smiling. At this point, I can no longer study. Ok, let's be honest, I was never really studying. We began to gather our things when Eddie speaks for the first time.

"I hope you girls do well on your test."

OK, you may not know this but I'm an emotional mess. I cry over commercials on a regular basis and don't get me started on sappy stories. So, as if on cue, tears sprung to my eyes.

"Thank you, sir." I began to stall a bit not wanting to leave him all alone. How would he get home? Did he have a home? God, is this a test?!

At that moment, one of the Starbucks girls walks over to the man. "OK, Eddie. Ready to go home? I'll go bring the car around."

"She takes me home. She doesn't have to, but she does. Every day."

All I need to say is I bawled the whole way home. So there he is, Eddie. I see him almost every time I go to Barnes & Noble, and my heart sings. God bless, that sweet little Asian girl. She's definitely earned two BIGGITY-BIG-BIG thumbs up.

Sorry that this post was slightly depressing and that I didn't mock or tease anyone or any situation. Next blog will be:

"TV line-up Gradebook" Do your favorite shows make the cut? Probably not, and even if they do. I'm going to make fun of them.

1 comment:

  1. If you need an interviewee regarding "The Office" or "True Blood", you know who to call.

    ReplyDelete