Sunday, March 28, 2010

Growing up...sheesh.

Graduation is 45 days away. But who's counting? Oh yeah, Wells-freakin'-Fargo. I'm not even walking across the stage in what is sure to be the most boring ceremony of life, and those b-words are already sending my folks letters! They'll get their money, unless I die. Then all is null and void. I read the fine print. Speaking of my folks though, guess what I so graciously had the privledge to help them with recently. Their mother-truckin' taxes. I used to think having to shovel the hog crap was the suckiest thing ever. Nope. Not even a little bit. So, as a response to my recent bout of "Peter Pan syndrome", I've developed a list of the pros and cons of growing up.

The Cons.
Taxes - enough said.
Gravity - I've already seen what it has done to my body in just 21 years of life. I cringe at the next 60.
Girdles - Tuck it in ladies.
Your mom and dad cease to care.
People begin to give you that "poor-single-you" look.
Your boss will inevitably be a bigger a-hole than your Chemistry professor.
Debt collectors get fiesty.
Have you seen liver spots?!
I may be healthy now, but I'm sure that'll go downhill fast.
I'll have to start calling celebrities like Sean Connery hot.
Orthopedic shoes. The horror.
Your toenails get that funky yellow color.
I don't want to be that cranky...all the time.
I'll become the "older generation"...shudder....

The Pros.
No longer will I pay $200 for a book that I will never use.
No more homework, tests, projects, etc.
Not boys with jobs, men with careers.
Money.
Money.
Money.

Maybe it will all work out. If I marry John Krasinski and have lots of money. That'll work for my first marriage.

2 comments: