Thursday, January 7, 2010

Football Pansies.


I hate football in a BIG way. I don't understand it for one thing. But the true source of my deep hatred is due to the way that adults become bickering children because of it. Seriously?! It's a game. I'm joking when I say your cheerleaders look like men and your team's playing reminds me of my niece's ballet recital. Can't you tell I'm joking?! Oh wait, I guess not since you just started stomping your feet and screaming in a high-pitched tone that sounds as though your testicles haven't fully descended. Bummer, move along baby cakes.

I was told tonight that I'm not a true Texan if I choose to support the opposing team? For those of you who know me, I don't put much thought or feeling into what I say or do. I don't give two hoots for Alabama, but I don't give two hoots for UT either. I'm a Red Raider, we inherently hate the Longhorns. Also, we had to sign a contract to never cheer for them but shhhhh.

Football is not some conspiracy. Nor is it worth fighting about. Nor should it determine your mood for the next 3 days. Gosh, I wish people put this much attention into politics or foreign affairs or maybe even to the fact that your 13-year-old is smoking crack. Whatev...get that touchdown! All I'm saying is liiiiiighten up, people! Can't we all insult each other's teams in humor and then go get some chicken wings?!

Wreck 'Em BIG, Tech.

No comments:

Post a Comment